Friday, June 18, 2010

Adventure Bowl
Do Something That Makes You Feel Like a Kid Again!

If you're life is busy and hectic with a list a mile long of errands, to do's and ASAPs, then you need a break. A JOY break.

When I found myself at my spiritual, emotional and exhaustion filled "bottom," I knew I had to do something about it. For me, I had a great motivator. It was coming up on my cousin's anniversary of death and I felt ashamed that instead of celebrating his life, instead of living the biggest fullest life that he would want me to live... I was stuck in bed, feeling lonely and alone. And hopeless.

So I pushed myself. One adventure a week. One thing to get me out of the house. One thing to help me find my joy.

It worked. As you know, I'm back at it again. And nothing makes me more excited than this week's adventure: "Do Something That Makes You Feel Like A Kid Again." Oh, man, I could think of a million!

Play Rundown, Swing on a swing, Blow Bubbles, go Ice Skating, Stand on my Skate Board and "surf" off the back of my friend's car. (But since I recently broke and had surgery on my shoulder... that will have to wait for another time!)

And then it came to me. I wanna ride a Ferris Wheel! I want to go way up high and feel thrilled and scared and laugh and eat cotton candy!

So it's on! I'm leaving right now and I CANNOT WAIT! When I pool crashed, I literally had this excited, "Nothing can stop me now" feeling that I'm getting already. It's that "kid excitement." I love that!

I'll update this post on Monday.

So, what's one thing YOU COULD DO this weekend that would make you feel like a kid again? Dying to hear :)


Ooo, and I know I can be a bad girl with infrequent postings, so please follow if you want to know when a new post is up!
Share/Bookmark

17 comments:

Mari said...

hey chica! Good Luck on Ferris Wheel...I went on one a couple of weeks ago and almost had a panic attack but still loved it (sort of lol)

Ohhh I would love to have a water balloon fight!

Unknown said...

I love the idea of this!! I think you may have just inspired me lol. I've become such a homebody. Between my weight and the fact that it's summer and it's hot and everywhere I go I have to drag four kiddos....and....well...I could go on! Thank you so much-off to follow and read more!

Erika said...

I get sooooo excited and so inspired when adventure posts come up. Can't wait to hear about your day!

JodieAnn said...

So awesome. I can't wait to hear the whole story!

Jamie said...

Eeek! You left me a comment! =)
You are an inspiration! I've loved reading your blog!
Thanks for the comment you left me! =)
Hope you're having a great day!

Tw!nkleTw!nkle said...

i would love to go on an airplane to visit my friends in FL, but when I hit 21, I developed a phobia of flying, even though I've never been afraid before in my life. And of roller coasters, or anything high. Even though I was never afraid before :( i just want to go on vacation again!

adventure grrl said...

Twinks, what are we going to do about you? I have a bizarre fear of the ocean, even though I used to be a beach life guard. If I really think hard enough, I realize that after my cousin died, I realized I had no control, bad things could happen to anyone. You should explore why you are feeling that way. Also, do little things to step out of your comfort zone - when you overcome little fears, you can overcome big ones! xoxoxo

Forgetfulone said...

Ferris wheel! Haven't done that in a long time. I'm glad you're back at it, and thanks so much for visiting me and resending me your link. Can't wait to hear about your adventure.

Anonymous said...

Sooooo fun! Something that would make me feel like a kid again...was I ever a kid? Not sure I was but I will definitely be thinking of something I can do that could make me feel like a kid.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Dazel said...

Thank you for posting this and having your blog! I just happened to stumble across it because I hit some "next" button and then read this post and then the next and then found myself reading all of them to the bottom! I lost my sister and niece in 2007 so I totally understand the petty problems and feeling like you're in a different place then your friends. I've been in a slump myself for the first year or so I stayed partying ( I was still in high school) found out my boyfriend of 3 years had been cheating on me for 2 1/2 and then I got pregnant by a guy I just started seeing so I've been on the outs about things and then tonight I read your blog and it was a little bit of a "suck it up" message! So thank you! I think I am going to try the gratitude journal and new adventures I'd like to get out of this slump and be happy go lucky like I use to for my son! Keep it up :) I am most definitely going to follow your adventures :)

A Living Diary said...

To be a kid...this winter when it was snowing big snowflakes I ran outside, stretched my arms out and spun in circle and plastered a large smile on my face.

Did I mention I was at a ski resort and several people were staring but I didn't care because it felt good on the inside and brought that fresh feel of real happiness.

I love leaving my adult life and acting like a kid again. Hope you had a good time and enjoyed your kid self:)

Jezziebel said...

Omigod, I love this blog so much! My best friend talks about u on twitter all the time and starting next week we are going to do a bowl for us. Thanks for the inspiration.

Gina said...

I've been feeling really down since a breakup and I am so happy I found your blog. I just needed some kind of kick in the butt to get over it... or at least re-join the world again. Thanks for that.

Hannah'sMa said...

I love the look of the new blog and I'm so glad you are back. To be a kid again? Hula hoop, roller skate, eat cotton candy. Giggle all day. Be free. I'll think of more!!!

PartyOfTwo said...

I WILL drive all the way from Portland to do an adventure with you! I mean it, I just desperately need to shake up my life a bit. Let me know, in the meantime, i'm starting my own bowl!

tw!nkleTw!nkle said...

Thanks AG :) I know you're right. I think the problem I have with it is that I'm not in control of it, ya know? If I'm in a car, I can at least try to avert crashing into something, but not in a jumbo jet 40,000 ft in the air, ya know? Plus, I don't think watching the show Lost helped me with this fear at all :P I sucked it up and flew in March and had a panic attack on the plane, had a pilot talk to me and everything. I had a full fledged panic attack, complete with dilated pupils!

as always,
the Chicken,
Tw!nkle

Anonymous said...

For some reason your newest post didn't show up in m Reader. Hrmph!

How did the Ferris Wheel go??